Whole Grain Bread
Homemade bread is so wonderful and SO worth the effort. Here's a bread recipe adapted from Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet Cookbook. Enjoy!
Serves: 4 or more
- 5½ cups water
- ¼ cup organic honey
- ½ cup coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ascorbic acid
- 3 Tbsp yeast
- 11 to 12 cups whole grain flour
- Combine first six ingredients and let stand until the yeast is dissolved and starting to rise. Add flour and knead for 10 minutes.
- Shape into 4 loaves and place in pans. Let rise until double in size.
- Bake in 325 degree oven for 30 - 35 minutes until golden on top.
- Remove from oven and turn out onto cooling racks immediately.
- Makes 4 loaves of 16 slices.
Serving size: 1 slice Calories: 83 Fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 14g Protein: 2g