This Apple Pecan Salad is absolutely delicious. It makes for a perfect light meal!
Apple Pecan Salad
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 3 Tbsp coconut palm sugar or turbinado sugar
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped pecans
- 3 small apples, halved and cored
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups mixed organic greens
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil; lightly coat with cooking spray. In a bowl combine sugar and finely chopped pecans. Place apple halves, cut side up, on baking sheet. Brush tops of apples with butter; sprinkle with sugar mixture. Bake 15 minutes or until just tender when pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in screw top jar combine oil, cider, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Cover. Shake well.
- Arrange greens on platter; top with apple halves. Spoon melted sugar and pecans from baking sheet onto salad. Shake dressing. Drizzle desired amount on salad. Sprinkle with coarsely chopped pecans. Pass remaining dressing. Makes 6 servings.
Calories: 380 Fat: 30 g Carbohydrates: 28 g Sodium: 328 mg Fiber: 4 g Protein: 4 g