Apples are incredibly good for you! They're rich in flavonoids, which help to regulate blood pressure. They're high in fiber and vitamin C too!
- 6 apples, such as Granny Smith or Cortland, peeled, halved and cored
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup Sucanat or turbinado sugar
- 1 tsp. unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a baking dish, place apples cut side up and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Fill dish one quarter full with water and cover loosely with foil.
- Bake until softened, about 20 minutes.
- Prepare caramel sauce. In a small saucepan combine ¼ cup water and Sucanat. Bring to a boil on medium high.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until water is reduced and syrupy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Top each apple with caramel sauce, dividing evenly.
- Serve immediately.
Calories: 110 Fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 27 g Sugar: 23 g Fiber: 2 g