Baked Chicken Fingers
Author: Clean Eating Online
This is an incredibly easy and kid friendly recipe. I find that kids tend to enjoy their food more if they have a hand in creating it. My 4 year old had a great time helping me in the kitchen with this one. It's a little messy but, hey, that's what paper towels are for, right?
- Olive oil
- 1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ c. skim milk
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ c. sliced almonds
- ¼ c. rolled oats
- ½ c. whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil.Trim any fat from chicken and cut into strips (approx. 6-8 per breast).
- Stir milk and mustard together in a bowl. In a separate container mix together almonds, oats, bread crumbs, parsley, and black pepper.
- One at a time, dip chicken into milk mixture then dredge them in oatmeal mixture, making sure each piece is evenly coated.
- Arrange on baking sheet and bake for 14 to 16 minutes, turning once, or until chicken is cooked through and coating is golden brown.
Serving size: 6 strips Calories: 250 Fat: 8 g Carbohydrates: 7 g Protein: 37 g