BBQ Portobello Quesadillas
Author: Clean Eating Online
- ½ cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced, or ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound portobello mushroom caps, (about 5 medium), gills removed, diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 4 8- to 10-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- ¾ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Combine barbecue sauce, tomato paste, vinegar and chipotle in a medium bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add onion and cook, stirring, until the onion and mushrooms are beginning to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to the bowl with the barbecue sauce; stir to combine. Wipe out the pan.
- Place tortillas on a work surface. Spread 3 tablespoons cheese on half of each tortilla and top with one-fourth (about ½ cup) of the filling. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently to flatten.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in the pan over medium heat. Add 2 quesadillas and cook, turning once, until golden on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes total. Transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into wedges and serve.
Calories: 311 Fat: 13 g Carbohydrates: 43 g Sodium: 710 mg Fiber: 5 g Protein: 11 g