Yep, you read that right. You HAVE to try these - YUMMY!
- Olive oil
- 6 oz. dark bittersweet chocolate, broken into chunks
- 3 large egg whites
- 1½ c. sucanat or turbinado sugar, divided
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅓ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4½ tsp. arrowroot powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil baking sheets with olive oil.
- Place chocolate in microwavable bowl on high for 2 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Set aside to cool.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat egg whites until soft peaks are formed. Gradually beat in 1 cup sucanat and continue beating until mixture is creamy. Add vanilla.
- In a small separate bowl combine remaining ½ c. sucanat, cocoa and arrowroot powder. Beat into egg whites on low speed. Stir in warm chocolate and continue stirring until mixture thickens.
- Place by rounded Tbsp onto 2 prepared baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets before transferring to racks to cool completely.
- Note: Use parchment paper on a cookie sheet for baking these cookies.
Serving size: 1 cookie Calories: 90 Fat: 3 g Carbohydrates: 16 g Protein: 1 g