Cream of Potato and Leek Soup
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 2 leeks
- 4¼ tsp unsalted butter
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 3 cup water
- 1 cup light evaporated milk
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper, or to taste
- 6 parsley sprigs, for garnish
- Thinly slice leeks and wash thoroughly.
- Melt the butter and sauté the leeks until softened. Add the potato and water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Purée until smooth.
- Return mixture to a clean saucepan. Thoroughly stir in milk, parsley and pepper. Reheat without boiling. Garnish with parsley sprig, if desired.