Easy Pumpkin Soup
Author: Clean Eating Online
You can find tom yum paste and kaffir lime leaves in Asian grocery stores.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (1 ½ cups)
- 4 cups peeled, diced pumpkin
- 3 Tbsp. instant hot-and-sour paste or tom yum paste
- 8 cilantro stems, tied into a bundle, plus 6 cilantro sprigs for garnish
- 5 fresh or frozen kaffir lime leaves
- ⅓ cup low fat coconut milk
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute 5 to 7 minutes or until translucent.
- Stir in pumpkin, hot and sour paste, cilantro stems and kaffir lime leaves. Add 3 cups water.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 20 minutes or until pumpkin is soft.
- Remove cilantro stems and kaffir lime leaves.
- Puree soup until smooth.
- Stir in coconut milk.
- Serve garnished with cilantro sprigs.
Calories: 88 Fat: 6 g Carbohydrates: 10 g Sugar: 3 g Fiber: 1 g Protein: 1 g