Egg and Potato Curry
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, divided
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 3 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 small green chile peppers
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 2 tsp minced ginger root
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 cups water
- 1 large potato,cooked, peeled, and cubed
- 6 hard boiled eggs, quartered
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onions; cook and stir until soft, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and set it aside. Transfer cooked onions to the bowl of a food processor. Add tomatoes and green chiles. Process until smooth.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add onion mixture. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, garam masala, turmeric, cayenne pepper, and salt. Cook and stir until the oil begins to separate from the mixture, about 5 minutes.
- Pour water into skillet and bring sauce to a boil. Add cubed potatoes. Gently stir in the eggs. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce has thickened slightly, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Garnish with cilantro before serving.