Farfalle Pasta Salad with Broccoli, Grape Tomatoes and Yellow Pepper
Author: Clean Eating Online
- ½ cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- ½ cup goat cheese
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh basil
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 bag (16 ounces) farfalle pasta (bow-tie pasta)
- Bring 1 gallon of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the farfalle and cook until it is al dente, about 12 to 14 minutes. Drain well.
- In another small pot, bring 2 inches of water to a boil, insert a steamer basket with the broccoli florets and steam for 2 minutes (or until the broccoli turns bright green) once the water comes to a boil. Then remove from the heat and run the broccoil under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Place the farfalle in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Add the broccoli florets, grape tomatoes, yellow pepper, scallions, herbs and gently stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate for later use. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Serve the farfalle pasta salad on a bed of Arugula (4 cups) and sprinkle with ½ cup of fresh goat cheese. Serve at room temperature.
Serving size: 1½ cups Calories: 369 Fat: 7 g Carbohydrates: 63 g Sugar: 7 g Fiber: 5 g Protein: 13 g