Gluten Free Vegetable Lasagna
Using cottage cheese instead of ricotta cuts the fat in this recipe in half. You could also use goat cheese. Yum!
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 1 lb eggplant, sliced into ½ in. thick rounds
- 1 zucchini, cut into ½ in. thick rounds
- 1 yellow squash, cut into ½ in. thick rounds
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups low fat cottage cheese
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 6 oz. part skim mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and spread the eggplant, zucchini and squash out in a single layer on sheets.
- Bake for 30 minutes and remove from oven.
- Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil on medium for 1 minute.
- Add onion and cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cottage cheese and oregano.
- Lightly coat an 11x7 inch baking dish with extra virgin olive oil.
- Line bottom of dish with zucchini and squash, using all rounds and overlapping them so dish is completely covered.
- Top with cottage cheese mixture. Arrange eggplant over cottage cheese in overlapping rows and top with mozzarella.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbling. Serve immediately.
Serving size: 8 oz Calories: 250 Fat: 10 g Carbohydrates: 19 g Sugar: 9 g Fiber: 6 g Protein: 23 g