Greek Quinoa Salad
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 3-4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1½ cups quinoa, uncooked
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- juice from one lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup kalamata olives, sliced if desired
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup chopped artichoke hearts (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a medium-large saucepan, cook the quinoa in vegetable broth for 15-20 minutes, until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil.
- Gently toss the quinoa together with the remaining ingredients, except feta.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the quinoa.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste and gently stir in the feta cheese.
- *You may also add any additional vegetables that you like, such as lightly steamed broccoli, snap peas or diced bell pepper.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 399 Fat: 18 Carbohydrates: 46 Sugar: 3 Sodium: 225 Fiber: 5 Protein: 12