Grilled Tomato and Brie Sandwiches
Author: Clean Eating Online
These grilled tomato and brie sandwiches make the most of juicy, flavorful summer tomatoes.
- 8 (1-ounce) slices 100% whole-grain bread (about ¼ inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby arugula
- ⅓ spinach greens
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- Cooking spray
- Prepare grill to high heat.
- Brush one side of each bread slice with oil; rub cut sides of garlic
- over oil. Spread ½ teaspoon mustard on each of 4 bread slices, oil
- side down. Top each bread slice with 1 ounce cheese, ⅓ cup greens, and
- tomato slices. Top each with remaining 4 bread slices, oil side up.
- Place sandwiches on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2
- minutes on each side or until lightly toasted and cheese melts.
Calories: 234 Fat: 10 g Carbohydrates: 26 g Sodium: 445 mg Fiber: 6 g Protein: 11 g