Lemon Nut Torte with Berries
This yummy citrus torte is gluten-free!
Author: Clean Eating Online
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup sucanat or turbinado sugar, divided
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon almond flour
- ⅓ cup corn flour (finely ground cornmeal)
- 4 large eggs, yolks and whites divided
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups berries (blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, or a mix)
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350°. Line an 8" or 9" springform pan with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray. Combine ⅓ cup sugar and flours in a bowl. Whip ⅓ cup sugar and egg yolks in another bowl with an electric mixer about 5 minutes. Beat in zest, oil, lemon juice, and orange juice. Fold in dry ingredients. Beat egg whites and salt in a third bowl with an electric mixer until frothy. Beat in remaining ⅓ cup sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold ⅓ of egg-white mixture into batter. Fold in remaining egg white mixture in two parts, mixing well. Pour batter into pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven; cool. Invert pan, remove parchment, and turn cake right side up onto a plate.
- Topping: Combine honey, lemon juice, and vanilla in a bowl. Add berries; mix. Spoon topping on cake, dust with sugar, and slice into eighths.
Calories: 380 Fat: 17 g Carbohydrates: 53 g Fiber: 3 g Protein: 6 g