Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Author: Clean Eating Online
Nothing says fall like pumpkin! These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are delicious anytime, but especially perfect in fall.
- ¾ cup sucanat or turbinado sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup water
- 1½ cup whole-wheat flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place paper liners in muffin pan.
- Mix sugar, unsweetened applesauce and eggs together in a medium bowl. Add pumpkin and water.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups ⅔ full with batter. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Cooking Tip: You may replace half of the whole wheat flour in this recipe with almond flour. You may also use maple sugar instead of sucanat or turbinado sugar.
Calories: 136 Fat: 3.3 g Carbohydrates: 26 g Sugar: 8 g Fiber: 3 g Protein: 4 g