Spinach Tomato Pesto Pizza
Author: Clean Eating Online
Incorporating vegetables is a great way to make a family favorite a lot healthier. This pizza is a delicious way to make sure that kids get their veggies!
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3 cups spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 cups fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts or pine nuts
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (16 oz) package fresh whole wheat pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 medium tomatoes, diced or sliced
- Put garlic in a food processor and mince. Add spinach, basil, nuts and Parmesan. Puree. Slowly add olive oil and scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Salt to taste.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a floured surface, roll out pizza dough into one large pizza or cut off a few pieces and roll out small individual pizzas. Spread with about three fourths of the spinach basil pesto and top with mozzarella cheese and tomato. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until cheese has melted and crust is browned.
Calories: 382 Fat: 18 g Carbohydrates: 36 g Fiber: 5 g Protein: 16 g