Stuffed Red Peppers
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1⅓ cups water
- ⅔ cup quinoa
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced, white parts
- and tops separated
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried mint leaves
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 large red bell peppers, halved
- lengthwise, seeds and membrane
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix garbanzo beans, stewed tomatoes, walnuts, raisins, white parts of green onions, lemon juice, chili powder, garlic powder, mint, and cinnamon together in a bowl; stir in cooked quinoa.
- Arrange red bell pepper halves in the prepared baking sheet. Spoon quinoa mixture into each red bell pepper half.
- Bake until bell peppers are tender, about 30 minutes. Spoon a few teaspoons of drippings from the bottom of the baking dish over each stuffed pepper; top each with 1 tablespoon goat cheese and green parts of green onions.