- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 8 oz. white mushrooms, diced
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 zucchini, halved, seeds and pulp removed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saute pan heat 1 tsp. oil on medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and mushrooms.
- Saute for 10 minutes or until mushrooms soften.
- Remove from heat and add remaining 2 tsp. oil, vinegar, bread crumbs and Parmesan. Mix thoroughly.
- Spoon an equal amount of mixture into each zucchini half.
- Bake on a foil lined cookie sheet for 10 minutes.
Serving size: ½ zucchini Calories: 110 Fat: 5 g Carbohydrates: 12 g Sugar: 5 g Fiber: 2 g Protein: 5 g