These are a tasty alternative to regular fries and zucchini are chock full of vitamin C. Make sure to use small zucchinis - they tend to hold their shape better when you cook them.
- Olive oil
- 4 small zucchinis, cut into 3 x ¾ in. fries
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and coat lightly with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, salt, pepper and oil. Toss to coat thoroughly.
- Arrange zucchini on prepared baking sheet in a single layer and roast, tossing once halfway through cooking, for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 60 Fat: 2 g Saturated fat: 4 g Protein: 4 g