Like you need a reason? Anyway, if you really want an excuse to eat yummy strawberries here you go:
1. They may reduce the risk of degenerative disease: Strawberries are an amazing source of folate. Inadequate amounts of folate can contribute to atherosclerosis, vascular disease and even a decline in cognitive function.
2. They could reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease: Strawberries are being studied for their unique ability to suppress the inflammatory responses of the body and reduce the risk of hypertension by lowering LDL cholesterol.
3. Use strawberries to stop stressing: Strawberries contain more than 100 percent of our daily recommended intake of vitamin C in just one cup! Recent studies show that when vitamin C is consumed during times of stress, it actually has the ability to decrease our blood pressure to a normal level, preventing the development of hypertension.
4. Prevent bone loss with strawberries: Strawberries are high in potassium, and high potassium diets have been shown to reduce bone loss by preserving calcium stores and preventing the breakdown of bone that comes with age.
5. They’re high in antioxidants: Strawberries contain anthrocyanin, which is a powerful antioxidant that protects us from the damaging effects of our environment. The antioxidant power of the anthrocyanins found in strawberries lasts up to 24 hours after consumption, making them a great defense against free radical damage!