Artichokes are super delicious! But did you know that they are super good for you too? Here are some of the awesome benefits of eating artichokes:
- Artichokes are beneficial for brain health! They contain components that allow more oxygen to reach the brain for improved cognitive function.
- Artichokes have been shown to lower LDL (bad cholesterol) and increase HDL (good cholesterol). They contain high amounts of luteolin, which is known to play a role in cholesterol lowering abilities.
- Artichokes are packed with antioxidants, making them incredible defenders against cancer, aging, heart disease, and illness. They also help to boost the immune system.
- One artichoke contains approximately one fourth of the average adult’s daily fiber requirements. Artichokes are packed with vitamin C, potassium, folic acid and magnesium!
- Artichokes help pregnant women have healthy, normally-formed children. The high levels of folic acid found in artichokes can prevent neural tube defects from occurring in newborns.
- Artichokes are one of the best foods on the market for acquiring vitamins and minerals, particularly minerals like magnesium, phosphorous, and manganese. These minerals are essential parts of increasing bone health and density, thereby reducing the chances of conditions like osteoporosis.