Oh my goodness I LOOOOVE cantaloupe! But not only is it tasty, it is packed full of vitamins and minerals. Hurray for cantaloupe! Here are 7 amazing benefits of cantaloupe:
- Prevention of lung and oral cancers: Cantaloupe contains a large amount of Vitamin A, which is one of the best natural antioxidants for the human body. Because of this antioxidant property, it is helpful in fighting against lung and oral cavity cancers.
- Keeps eyes healthy: Vitamin A is essential for maintaining the health of the mucus membrane and skin of your eye. Vitamin A also helps to prevent eye infections and assists with improving eye sight.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals: In addition to vitamin A, cantaloupe is rich in vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, E and K. Cantaloupe is also rich in minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and zinc. Talk about a nutritional powerhouse!
- Provides protection from various cancers: The antioxidant flavonoids like beta carotene, lutein, zea-xanthin and cryptoxanthin are powerful antioxidants which shield the body from various cancers by protecting cells and other oxygen free radicals. Patients with colon, prostate, breast, endometrial, and pancreatic cancer can all benefit from the antioxidants found in cantaloupe.
- Helps fight inflammation: Cantaloupes contain choline, an important nutrient that aids our bodies in sleep, muscle movement, learning and memory. Choline also helps to maintain the structure of cellular membranes, aids in the transmission of nerve impulses, assists in the absorption of fat and reduces chronic inflammation.
- Protection from infections: The presence of vitamin C helps to protect the body from various infectious elements.
- Aids digestion: Cantaloupe, because it is high in both fiber and moisture, helps to prevent constipation, promote regularity and maintain a healthy digestive tract.