Looking for ways to give your immune system a boost? Here are some tips on how to keep your immune system healthy:
- Avoid sugar and processed foods – Sugar and processed foods seriously hamper the immune system. Eating lots of fresh vegetables help the body to ward off those yucky cold and flu bugs! Not sure how to go about making healthy, clean meals? Clean eating menu plans are a great place to start. (click here)
- Increase your intake of Omega 3 fatty acids – Flaxseeds, flaxseed oil, salmon, herring, anchovies and walnuts are all very high in Omega 3’s
- Get plenty of sleep – Fatigue has a detrimental effect on the body’s ability to fight off infections
- Find ways to reduce stress in your life – Meditation, taking a walk in nature, yoga and talking to a supportive friend are all great ways to lower stress levels
- Increase your vitamin D levels – One fantastic way to do this is to spend some time outdoors every day. Just 20 minutes is all you need to increase Vitamin D!
- Exercise – This helps to increase circulation which helps your immune system to function more effectively
- Wash your hands – This simple yet effective step helps to stop the spread of viruses