Asian Tofu and Vegetable Salad with Brown Rice
- 3 cups cooked, brown rice
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 4 scallions, white and green part, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dried currants
- 4 oz firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the rice, red pepper, celery, scallions and currants in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cut the tofu into ½-inch cubes. Add to the rice and mix well.
- Add the soy sauce, olive oil, parsley and fresh pepper to the tofu and rice mixture. Mix well and taste for seasoning.
- Spoon into four, 8-ounce containers and refrigerate. This recipe can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for 3 days.
Serving size: 1½ cups Calories: 238 Fat: 4 g Carbohydrates: 46 g Sugar: 21 g Fiber: 4 g Protein: 5 g