Ricotta cheese and double the egg whites make this frittata especially fluffy.
- 4 whole eggs plus 4 whites
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 lb. asparagus, hard stems removed, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 300F. Whisk together eggs, egg whites and ricotta in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large, ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Add asparagus and 2 Tbs. water, and season with salt.
- Cover, and cook 4 minutes, or until asparagus has softened.
- Uncover, raise heat to medium high and cook 3 to 4 minutes more, or until liquid has evaporated and asparagus is crispy, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Pour egg mixture over asparagus.
- Cook 5 minutes, or until eggs begin to set around sides.
- Sprinkle Parmesan over top, and transfer to oven.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until frittata is set.
- Slide out of skillet, and slice into 6 wedges.