Banana Blueberry Bread
This bread is perfect for breakfast or a snack.
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ¾ cup flaxseed meal
- 2 egg whites
- ⅓ cup sucanat or turbinado sugar
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp. grated orange rind
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup unsalted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease medium nonstick loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl stir together banana, flaxseed meal, egg whites, sucanat and buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl mix together baking soda, salt, flours and orange rind.
- Pour dry ingredients into banana mixture.
- Gently fold in blueberries and walnuts.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes.
Serving size: 1 (4 ½ inch) slice Calories: 200 Fat: 6 g Carbohydrates: 33 g Protein: 8 g