- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 each yellow, orange and green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 lb. lean beef tenderloin, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet on medium high.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until onions are soft.
- Add bell peppers and roasted peppers and cook for 2 minutes until onions are golden brown.
- Add beef and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add broth and bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
- Simmer for 2 minutes until steak is cooked through.
- Remove from heat, stir in basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve beef mixture over quinoa. Makes 4 servings.
Calories: 377 Fat: 11 g Carbohydrates: 40 g Sugar: 7 g Fiber: 6 g Protein: 31 g