Black Bean, Fresh Corn and Red Pepper Salad
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 4 teaspoons chopped, fresh parsley
- ⅔ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ⅔ teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- ⅔ small red onion, diced
- 1⅓ cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ⅔ cup fresh sweet corn kernels, cooked and cooled ( or frozen)
- ⅔ large red bell pepper, trimmed and diced
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Add the onion and black beans.
- Cook the corn kernels in a small saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 3 minutes. Remove the kernels with a slotted spoon and plunge them into an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Pat dry and add to the onion mixture.
- Add the red pepper to the onion mixture along with the parsley. Toss well. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
Serving size: ¾ cup Calories: 300 Fat: 2 g Carbohydrates: 58 g Sugar: 17 g Fiber: 12 g Protein: 16 g