Black Bean Quesadillas
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, preferably pepper Jack
- ½ cup salsa, divided
- 4 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- Combine beans, cheese and ¼ cup salsa in a medium bowl.
- Place tortillas on a work surface.
- Spread ½ cup filling on half of each tortilla.
- Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently to flatten.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add 2 quesadillas and cook, turning once, until golden on both sides, 2 to 4 minutes total.
- Transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Repeat with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and quesadillas.
- Serve the quesadillas with avocado and the remaining salsa.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 377 Fat: 16 Carbohydrates: 46 Sodium: 679 Fiber: 10 Protein: 13