Bow Tie Pasta with Peas, Mushrooms and Onions
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh, shelled peas
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped, fresh Italian parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the onion with a dash of salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the peas and cook for 3 minutes or longer, depending on their size and freshness. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta until it is al dente, about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain. Toss with the remaining olive oil, onion, peas, mushrooms, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons of the parsley.
- Divide the pasta among 4 warmed pasta bowls and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and parsley. Serve immediately.
Calories: 366 Fat: 13 g Carbohydrates: 51 g Sugar: 2 g Fiber: 8 g Protein: 11 g