- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, leaves and stalks removed, chopped
- ½ c. brown rice
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 c. chicken or vegetable broth, divided
- 1 c. water
- Sea salt
- Add oil, onion, celery, and fennel to a large skillet and cook until vegetables are translucent.
- Add rice and stir. Add zucchini and 1 cup of broth. Stir occasionally. Allow broth to be absorbed before adding second cup. Stir and let absorb before adding water. Stir and add sea salt.
Calories: 135 Fat: 4 g Carbohydrates: 19 g Protein: 4 g