Caribbean Marinated Chicken
This incredible chicken dish features an abundance of spices. Delicious!
Author: Clean Eating Online
- ¾ c. coconut water
- ½ c. orange juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1½ tsp. allspice
- Few dashes of hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4-6 oz. each)
- ½ tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups diced mango or pineapple
- In a bowl whisk first 8 ingredients together.
- Reserve ¼ marinade and set aside.
- Combine remaining marinade in a shallow baking dish. Add chicken and allow to marinate overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a large saute pan over high heat. Add oil to pan. When oil is hot place chicken in pan.
- Discard marinade.
- Sear for 2-3 minutes and flip chicken breasts.
- Season cooked side with salt and pepper while searing bottom for 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Place in oven and roast for 10-12 minutes.
- While chicken bakes, add ¼ cup reserved marinade to fruit in a medium bowl and toss. Cover and refrigerate until chicken is ready.
- Serve chicken with ½ cup fruit on each chicken breast.
Serving size: 4 oz chicken, ½ c fruit Calories: 220 Fat: 3.5 g Carbohydrates: 23 g Sugar: 6 g Fiber: 3 g Protein: 24 g