- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 c. water
- 1 c. brown rice
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c. broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms
- ½ c. water chestnuts
- 1 c. sliced carrots
- ½ c. green onions
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ Tbsp. minced ginger root
- 2 tsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Combine all marinade ingredients.
- Place chicken in a dish in marinade and refrigerate for one hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 6 qt. covered casserole dish with cooking spray. Add rice, water and salt and bake for 40 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet and saute garlic for 15 seconds.
- Add sliced chicken and cook until no longer pink. Add chopped vegetables and cook until tender. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked vegetables mixture to the rice. Serve hot.
Calories: 269 Fat: 6 g Carbohydrates: 30 g Protein: 21 g