Chicken Chop Salad
This salad is AMAZING!!! It is a perfect lunch or dinner. It's filling. It's healthy. It's delicious. Perfect.
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 2 cups frozen kernel corn
- 1 medium poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ lb. boneless chicken breast, chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup low fat sour cream
- ½ cup low fat buttermilk
- ½ tsp. chile powder
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 4 romaine hearts, halved and chopped
- ½ cup grated low fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a medium bowl, toss corn, poblano and potato with oil. Spread mixture onto a 9 x 13 inch baking pan and roast for 30 minutes, tossing with a spatula every 10 minutes, until corn and poblano begin to char and potato softens.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saute pan on high. Add chicken and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often until browned. Add ¼ cup water to pan and scrape browned bits from the bottom. Add cumin and beans and stir to combine. Cover, reduce heat to low and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk sour cream, buttermilk, chile powder, and white parts of green onions. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove vegetables from oven and let cool slightly. Divide romaine among 4 serving plates and top each with chicken mixture and vegetables, dividing evenly. Sprinkle with remaining green parts of green onions and cheese and top with dressing, dividing evenly.
Serving size: 2 cups romaine, ½ cup chicken bean mixture, ½ cup vegetables, 3 Tbsp. dressing Calories: 470 Fat: 11 g Carbohydrates: 61 g Protein: 31 g