Chickpea and Potato Salad
- 4 small or 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes
- 15 ounces cooked chickpeas (1 can or about 1¾ cups), drained
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 6 to 8 jumbo black olives, sliced (about 2 ounces)
- ¼ cup capers, rinsed and drained, chopped if large
- 4 pepperoncini peppers, stemmed and sliced
- 3 to 6 tablespoons harissa
- ½ tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ sheet sushi nori, crumbled, or ½ teaspoon powdered kelp (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Boil the potatoes until tender. When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into ½-inch cubes. Place in a large storage container and add all remaining ingredients. Stir well and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow flavors to blend.
- Add salt to taste and serve in pitas or other bread or with salad greens.
Calories: 279 Fat: 4 g Carbohydrates: 49 g Sugar: 6 g Sodium: 362 mg Fiber: 10 g Protein: 12 g