Chocolate Walnut Cookies (gluten free)
You'll love this completely flourless delightful treat!
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 6 egg whites
- Pinch sea salt
- ¾ c. organic evaporated cane juice
- ¾ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. instant espresso powder
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 oz. dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa), chopped
- ½ c. chopped unsalted walnuts
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat egg whites with salt using an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add cane juice and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Add cocoa powder, espresso, vanilla, chocolate and walnuts. Mix until combined.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake one cookie sheet at a time on oven's middle rack for 10 to 12 minutes per sheet, until cookies are no longer shiny.
Serving size: 1 cookie Calories: 56 Fat: 2.5 g Carbohydrates: 8 g Sugar: 6 g Fiber: 1 g Protein: 2 g