Clean Eating Pumpkin Pie
Looking for a healthier version of pumpkin pie? This recipe is super yummy!
- 1½ cups graham crackers, crushed
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup loosely packed organic brown sugar
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon or orange peel
- 1 tsp each ginger, cinnamon, ground cardamom and sea salt
- ⅛ tsp each ground allspice and mace
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated skim milk
- 1 (14 oz) can organic pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place crumbs in a deep dish 9 or 10 inch pie plate. Drizzle with oil. Using a fork, stir to moisten.
- Using your hands, press crumbs against the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Crust should be crumbly. Refrigerate while making the filling.
- Lightly beat egg whites and whole egg. Whisk in brown sugar, grated peel, spices and sea salt.Whisk in milk and pumpkin puree. Pour over crust.
- Place pie on a baking sheet. Bake in center of oven until center is almost set when pan is jiggled, 60 to 75 minutes.
- Let cool then refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serving size: 1 (4 oz) slice Calories: 231 Fat: 5 g Carbohydrates: 41 g Sugar: 20 g Fiber: 4 g Protein: 6.5 g