Clean Eating Quiche
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 2 c. eggplant, chopped
- 1 c. zucchini, chopped
- 1 c. red pepper, chopped
- 1 c. yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 cup skim milk
- ¾ tsp. ground pepper
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ c. fresh basil, torn
- ¾ c. part skim shredded mozzarella
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Saute eggplant, zucchini, pepper, onion and garlic in oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and fold artichokes into vegetable mixture.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, egg whites, milk, pepper, basil and mozzarella to vegetable mixture. Stir until everything is evenly distributed.
- Oil an 8 inch pan and pour in vegetable mixture.
- Cook for 25 – 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Serving size: ⅕ quiche Calories: 190 Fat: 5 g Carbohydrates: 22 g Protein: 15 g