Author: Clean Eating Online
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (4½ oz) can diced green chile peppers, drained
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Dash black pepper
- ⅔ cup quick cooking couscous
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ¾ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- Salsa (optional)
- Wrap tortillas in foil. Heat in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes until warm and soft.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine broth, chile peppers, turmeric and black pepper. Bring to boiling and remove from heat. Stir in couscous and green onions. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in tomatoes and red pepper.
- To assemble, spoon ⅓ cup couscous mixture onto each tortilla just below center. Top with 1 Tbsp cheese. Roll up tortilla. Serve with salsa if desired
Serving size: 2 burritos Calories: 359 Fat: 8 g Carbohydrates: 60 g Sodium: 661 mg Fiber: 7 g Protein: 13 g