Author: Clean Eating Online
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package refrigerated pizza dough (about 1 pound)
- 1 16-ounce can refried beans
- 1 pint fresh salsa
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 400° F. Spread 1 teaspoon of the oil on a baking sheet. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Roll each into an 8-inch round on a lightly floured surface.
- On half of each round, spread some of the beans, then top with 1½ tablespoons of the salsa and 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Fold over the other half of each round, covering the filling, and press the curved edge with your thumb to seal. Lightly brush the tops of the empanadas with the remaining oil, then transfer to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.