Ezekiel Bread Recipe
Adapted from Tosca Reno's The Eat Clean Diet Cookbook Number of Servings: 40
- DRY FLOUR INGREDIENTS
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup amaranth flour
- ¼ cup millet flour
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp lentil flour
- 1¾ cup rye flour
- ½ cup barley flour
- 2 tbsp soybean flour*
- 2 tbsp kidney bean flour*
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- Combine these ingredients in a large bowl and set aside
- YEAST MIXTURE
- 4 tbsp yeast
- ½ cup lukewarm water
- 4 tbsp honey
- Combine these ingredients in a small bowl and set aside
- LIQUID INGREDIENTS
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup safflower or olive oil
- 2 cups warm skim, soy, rice, goat or almond milk
- Combine these ingredients in a medium bowl
- * To make these flours: sprout dried beans. Once they have sprouted, allow them to dry again by placing them in a colander in the fridge overnight (put a plate underneath to catch drips). Gring to a flour-like consistency in a food mill or coffee grinder. If you don't want to bother with sprouting the beans, simply soak and cook dried beans. Allow them to cook until soft. Then, rinse and drain them very well. Dry the beans as explained beforehand. Grind cooked beans in a food mill ot coffee grinder.
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup red kidney beans (cooked and drained)
- ¼ cup lentils (cooked and drained)
- 1½ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ Tbsp organic honey
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup amaranth flour
- 1 cup whole wheat bread flour
- ½ cup barley flour
- ½ cup millet flour
- 2 Tbsp vital gluten
- 1½ tsp yeast
- Pour liquid ingredients over the flour mixture. Add yeast mixture. Mix. The dough needs to resemble a muffin batter. Use more flour if the dough is too wet,. If it is too dry, add more warm milk. Do not overwork the dough.
- Divide dough among four loaf pans sprayed lightly with cooking spray. Place in a warm area and cover lightly with a damp tea towel. Let rise for one hour.
- Place pans in a 375 degree oven. Bake for 30-45 minutes. The top should bounce back when done.
- Makes four loaves.
- slices per loaf
- Number of Servings: 40
- Bread Machine Recipe
- Put all ingredients in a bread machine. Choose a medium bake program and press start.
- Makes 1 loaf. 10 slices per loaf.
Serving size: 1 slice Calories: 99 Fat: 2 g Carbohydrates: 16 g Protein: 3 g