Fettuccine with Swiss Chard, Garlic and Parmesan Cheese
- ¾ pound fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- pinch sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 pounds Swiss chard, washed
- a pinch nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Place a large pot of water on to boil. Add the fettuccine and cook about 12 minutes until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cut the Swiss chard into ¼-inch wide pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over moderately high heat. Add the onions, salt and pepper and cook until the onions start to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add the chard and nutmeg to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes more. Stir in the low-fat sour cream.
- Toss the fettuccine with the Swiss chard mixture.
- Divide the fettuccine among 4 warmed serving plates and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Serving size: 1½ cups Calories: 319 Fat: 5 g Carbohydrates: 55 g Sugar: 3 g Fiber: 6 g Protein: 13 g