Don't you just LOVE French toast? I do too but it's such a calorie laden breakfast that it's been off my list for awhile. Until now! Welcome back French toast!
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup skim milk
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 6 slices whole wheat French bread, cut into 4 (4 inch, ½ in. thick) slices
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- In a shallow bowl, combine egg whites, milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Dip both sides of bread evenly in egg mixture.
- Cooking in batches, place bread pieces in a single layer in skillet and cook for 3 - 5 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Serve with syrup.
Serving size: 4 sticks and ½ Tbsp. maple syrup serving Calories: 147 Fat: 3.5 g Carbohydrates: 21 g Protein: 9 g