Fudgy Chocolate Chip Muffins
These are seriously super yummy!!!! My kids LOVED them too. The almond extract adds an interesting depth of flavor but if you don't like almond then feel free to omit it.
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 1 c. unsweetened applesauce
- ½ c. sucanat or turbinado sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. almond extract (optional)
- ¾ c. oat flour
- ⅓ c. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ c. semisweet chocolate chips
- Dash cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 8 muffin cups with paper cups or use nonstick spray.
- Mix all ingredients together and divide among 8 muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick placed in center of muffin comes out clean. Rotate muffin pan halfway through baking time.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.