Author: Clean Eating Online
- 2 lb potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 egg yolk
- ¾ cup all-purpose white flour
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prick the unpeeled potatoes with a fork and bake for one hour.
- Remove from oven; while still warm, peel and mash. Put in a food processor and blend to a smooth paste. Make a well in the center and add the egg yolk, most of the flour and the salt. Work in by hand.When mixture is a dough consistency, transfer to a lightly floured surface and kneed gently with lightly floured hands. Work in the remaining flour.
- Divide into eight equal portions. Roll each piece into an 8-inch sausage shape. Cut into ½-inch pieces with a floured knife. Place each piece on a fork, press down and roll the dough with your finger.
- Dust with flour after putting on a tray - do not overlap. Cook the gnocchi in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they float.
- Serve hot with your favorite pasta sauce.
Calories: 207 Fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 44 g Sugar: 1 g Sodium: 564 mg Fiber: 3 g Protein: 5 g