Greek Frittata with Spinach, Oregano and Feta Cheese
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups spinach,washed, tough stems removed
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 6 small potatoes, cooked and halved
- sea salt to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons fresh, chopped oregano
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the spinach and season with salt and pepper. Toss quickly until leaves are barely wilted, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, egg whites, cheese, oregano, salt and pepper together until thoroughly combined.
- In an 8" or 10" ovenproof, nonstick skillet, heat the remaining teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low, and add the spinach and halved potatoes (cut side down).
- Add the egg mixture (do not stir) and cook over low heat until the eggs are set, about 15 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the broiler.
- Place the skillet under the broiler for 30 to 45 seconds to finish cooking the top of the frittata.
Calories: 180 Fat: 6 g Carbohydrates: 18 g Sugar: g Fiber: 2 g Protein: 15 g