Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 oz. low fat cheddar cheese, finely grated and divided
- ½ medium Granny Smith apple, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- Brush one side of each slice of bread with oil.
- Turn 2 pieces of bread over and spread with mustard.
- Divide half of cheese between both mustard covered slices.
- Place apples on top and then remaining cheese.
- Top each with other half of bread, oiled side up, making 2 sandwiches.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Place sandwiches in pan and cook until light golden brown. Flip over and continue cooking until cheese has melted and bread is golden brown.
- Cut sandwiches in half and serve.
Serving size: 1 sandwich Calories: 220 Fat: 7 g Carbohydrates: 27 g Protein: 14 g