Grilled Tomato Salad
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 5 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 8 oz feta cheese (not crumbled)
- 2 tomatoes, sliced ½-inch thick
- 1 Tbsp thyme leaves, or 1 tsp dried thyme
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup dry bread crumbs
- 6 cups arugula
- In a small bowl, combine 4 tablespoons of the oil, the lemon juice, capers, and parsley. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until just tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain.
- Cut feta into 4 slices. Set aside and drain.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season the tomato slices with thyme, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until lightly browned, about 1 minute per side.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Coat feta in bread crumbs and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Arrange the arugula, tomatoes, beans, and feta on plates and drizzle with the vinaigrette.
Calories: 360 Fat: 27 g Carbohydrates: 21 g Sugar: 5 g Fiber: 6 g Protein: 15 g