Grilled Tuna and Grapefruit Salad
This makes a delicious and very healthy dinner.
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 2½ red grapefruits
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeño pepper, or hot pepper sauce
- 4 tuna steaks, 6 to 8 ounces each
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 8 red onion slices
- Peel and segment 2 grapefruits; set aside. Squeeze the juice from the other half grapefruit into a measuring cup; it should yield about ¼ cup of juice.
- To make the salad dressing, combine the grapefruit juice, vinegar, oil, garlic, salt, freshly ground black pepper to taste, and minced jalapeño in a medium bowl; mix well. Cover and refrigerate the salad dressing.
- Place the tuna steaks in a shallow dish. Pour 1 tablespoon of dressing over each piece of tuna. Turn the tuna in the marinade to coat. Cover with plastic wrap, or place all of the tuna steaks and marinade in a plastic bag, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Light the grill. Remove the tuna from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature. Grill for about 4 minutes per inch of thickness for rare, 6 minutes for medium or until done to taste, turning at least once.
- To serve, toss the greens with the salad dressing in a mixing bowl. Divide the dressed greens among 4 plates. Top each with a grilled tuna steak, then sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Spread grapefruit supremes over the top of the salad. Garnish with the cilantro and red onion slices.
Calories: 500 Fat: 48 g Carbohydrates: 15 g Sugar: 11 g Sodium: 810 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 3 g