Heirloom Tomato & Peach Salad
This salad is so delicious! It's the perfect balance of sweetness and acidity.
- 2½ lbs. heirloom tomatoes (cherry or beefsteak or a combination of both)
- 1½ lbs. peaches, peeled and cut into wedges
- 8 green onions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- 1 cup mint and basil leaves
- Core large tomatoes and cut them into ¾ in. wedges. Stem cherry tomatoes and and cut them in half. Put tomatoes in a bowl.
- Add peaches and green onions.
- Whisk together oil, orange juice, vinegar, maple syrup, Worcestershire and salt. Pour over tomato mixture.
- Add ¾ cup herbs and toss. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup herbs.
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 117 Fat: 6 g Carbohydrates: 16 g Sugar: 11 g Fiber: 3 g